Double Dark Chocolate Brownie cookies with Avocado
Posted on March 07 2016
Chocolate? YES PLEASE!!
How about with a side of avocado? Ermm, yeah about that... er you think we could do without the avocado?
That is the typical response I got from my family and friends when I suggested chocolate avocado cookies. I am here to tell you that chocolate and avocado are truly a match made in heaven. I made them and my family loved them. We were all back to being friends :) Best part is - takes a total of 20 minutes only!!!!
My recipe is a paleo one which means its gluten free, dairy free and mostly processed sugar free. I am trying to be more healthy this year remember - https://powella.com.sg/blogs/the-extra-virgin/82214465-starting-the-new-year-happy-and-healthy
Heres what they look like -
I know right!! How amazing do these look!! They are so fudge and yummy. May just have to make them again.
Here is the recipe:
- Flesh of 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar (feel free to use normal sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (or milk, up to you)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda optional ( I made the the cookies pictured above without baking soda. I then made another batch with baking soda and they turned out like "muffin tops" - super delicious except less cookie-like and more cake-like)
- Preheat over to 170 Degrees Celcius
- Line tray with baking paper
- Mix the avocado with the sugar until creamy and combined
- Beat the egg and add to mixture
- Add cacao powder and chocolate chips
- In a separate dish, dissolve baking powder into the water. Add this to the avocado mixture (this step only if you are using baking soda)
- Use a spoon to drop batter onto baking sheet, a few centimetres apart
- Bake for 8-10 mins
- Cool before serving
These were amazing. I made about 8 large cookies with this recipe. Let us know how they work for you.