Healthy and happy pancakes
Posted on February 25 2016
The whole goal of The Extra Virgin is to help us all achieve beautiful skin by adopting a more holistic lifestyle. With this we do not only have lovely glowing skin, but we also have healthier and more resilient bodies.
Starting off your day with a good breakfast is always vital. Vital for energy, vital for better immunity and vital for great skin. I love that there are so many different ways to enrich our health and that breakfast is on the top of that list.
When I think breakfast, I think happy times. I think family time. I think lots of smiles and chatter. I think PANCAKES. I remember growing up to my father making pancakes for my sister and myself every Saturday. This is my inspiration for this recipe today - Gluten free and Dairy free pancakes
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- No exact science of how to mix what. Make life easy and just mix it all together. Mix all the bumps out.
- In the meantime, heat up a flat pan with a bit of olive oil and spoon out the mixture onto the hot pan to your desired size.
- Once the sides of pancake start bubbling, flip it over for about 1 minute and you are done.
- Serve with fruits, nuts and dust with a bit of cinnamon.
This is a vegan, gluten free and dairy free recipe. Yay. Yay for healthy brekky for our whole family.