Face the Haze - Part 2
Posted on October 27 2015
The haze is shocking! Just shocking. I made the silly decision of traveling from Bangkok to Singapore to Jakarta for work and guess what - broke out in an awful rash all over my face and arms!! Whilst I did everything I advocate, I still broke out in this rash. I am certain that if I did not do what I did, it would be worse.
A quick trip to my doctor where she took some of my skin cells from my cheek confirmed it was a mild rash and nothing more sinister like the dreaded acne. My skin is dry, bumpy and red. I showed her what I use and asked her what I should do. She had a quick look at our rosehip oil and moisturizer and was very impressed. She said this was light enough to be used on the skin without irritating it... yay!!! She was brilliant and suggested the following:
- Drink lots of water to cleanse yourself inside and out. This will keep skin hydrated from the inside cause we all know the haze is trying to do the opposite. This will also aid with repairing the skin.
- Continue using Olive Leaf Rosehip Oil as that will help repair the damage caused. Remember the main factors causing the damage to our skin is the dirt in the haze, the now trapped UV and the excessive Aircon we are exposing our skins to.
- Do not wash the face excessively and just simple wash it as you would normally twice a day and exfoliate twice a week. This removes the dirt and allows new skin to grow.
- MOISTURISE!! Continue moisturising your face and body and you are set to go.
- Continuously think of repairing the skin as you may not notice this but it is getting damaged by the haze. Oil your face and body to prevent dryness and also help repair. Remember, hydration is key when repairing your skin.
- Last but not least, your eyes are also getting the bulk of dust trapped in it. Wear sunglasses where possible and moisturise around your eyes, use special eye creams as that is the thinnest and most sensitive part of your skin. Our new Eye Contour Cream is perfect for this. It is especially perfect for those who have those annoying fine lines they want to get rid of.